Monday, June 9, 2014

LOEB Assignment: Look What I Made!





This week’s assignment from the League: Look what I made!


Last week, the League of Extraordinary Bloggers‘ had an AWESOME turnout, with many old friends and even some new ones, contributing to the topic.  Hopefully, we can keep the momentum going with this week’s assignment…
Look what I made! Do you worship at the altar of MacGyver? Have you ever drawn a stick figure? Given birth to a child? Put together an Ikea product? Let’s see it!
I've made several things lately, but if there's one thing I make more than anything it's LEGO MOCs. Nothing crazy mind you, mostly just custom figs. You can check out some of my custom figs and other MOCs HERE. I also finally finished the Deep Freeze Defender! I sorted and sorted and finally found every last piece! I know I didn't design it, so technically it's not a MOC, but it took me months to build that sucker and I'm proud!
There she is, 100% complete. Just look at all its majesty!
Here are a few new custom figs for The Lunar City Project.

Space Ninjas (Made from parts donated to the cause by The Trash Man himself)


This Blinkonian was simple enough to create. A Classic Space helmet, an Aquanauts suit, and a Simpson's Blinky head piece from the Mister Burns minifig.

Now this Ice Planet minifig isn't custom, but his 2-hand melee weapon is certainly not standard issue!

So, what do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas for Lunar City? Let me know in the comments below!

Also, don't forget to check out these other amazing creations!

Brian reminded me that I want to create a LEGO brick built xenomorph when I saw his awesome new diorama at Cool and Collected!

Don't have the Kenner Death Star playset? Learn how to make your very own at G.I. Jigsaw!

This creation by Michael B. is Wonderful!

Who you gonna call? Pop Rewind!

Check out these Harley's at Toyriffic!

Monster Cafe lays some smack down!

SPACE SNAKE! AEIOU and Sometimes Why?

Check out some great art work at This Nerdy Life of Mine!





4 comments:

  1. Oooh that Blinkonian is brilliant! I didn't even want a Mr. Burns figure...until now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it just came to me. I knew I wanted to do something custom with that Blinky piece. I love that iconic 3-eyed fish and I actually got Mr. Burns solely for Blinky. The Blinkonian reminds me of Megamind's sidekick Minion.

      Delete
  2. Thank you John! They were fun to build. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really good at stepping on Legos, less good at making them into things. Let alone things that are super impressive. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete