Friday, December 6, 2013

My Christmas Wish List

Lately I've been all wrapped up in the terrifying joy of Creepmas and I thought I'd never find the time to participate in the League Of Extraordinary Bloggers assignment this week. Well, I'm glad I found the time to post because I've been hunting for something lately and maybe Santa will bring me what I've been looking for if I just take the time to write him.

Mason's letter to Santa Clause:


Dear Sandy Claws,

All I want for Christmas is the LEGO set #6286 Skull's Eye Schooner! Please Sandy, I love LEGO Pirates and I never had a grand Pirate ship as a kid. It doesn't even have to be the Schooner. I'll take the Black Seas Barracuda, The Red Beard Runner, or any one of the grand Classic Pirate ships. It would look so cool on my book shelf. If this is all I get for Christmas this year I'd be so happy! Thank you!

Your Friend,

Mason


My wife Laura decided to get in on the fun and write her own letter to Santa.

Laura's letter to Old Saint Nick:

Dear Santa,

Please give me money and give Mason a new job. Also, send Ava a little bit more hair and make her teething not hurt so much. Thanks!

Your Pal,

Laura


I'm not the only one hoping Chris Kringle will bring that one special gift. Check out what other Extraordinary Leaguers are wishing for:

Erik Johnson the Illustrator wishes to bring in more blog readers with his odd wish list. 

Pop Rewind rewinds to Christmas past with their list.

Brian of Cool And Collected just wants his two front teeth, well, and a few other things.






15 comments:

  1. Hope you get something Lego and Pirate related for Christmas buddy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis the season to SPAM comments! Fa la la la la la la la SPAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!

      you know you can delete these spam comments, right? I do, I hate them and although they keep coming back, it at least slaps them down a bit.

      Delete
    2. Heh heh, yeah, I know you can delete them. They just kinda cracked me up. I should delete them though, I don't wanna encourage the spam.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know, right? They just don't make LEGO sets like they used to.

      Thanks for stopping by Rich!

      Delete
  6. WANT!!! And spam... GRRR!! some of the first comments on my blog were spam. Oh how they took me on an emotional roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Classic Pirate ships were just amazing! And this is my first SPAM. I think the secret word was "Chrismas" as one of the spammers was trying to SPAM holiday greeting cards. :/

      Delete
  7. I remember seeing the Skull Eye Schooner on the shelves of the toy store in my youth. Ah sweet Nineties Nostalgia! My brother was the big Lego guy and got the complete run of Aquanauts sets one Christmas. The Nepture Discovery Lab was simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, he got all the Aquanaut sets!? That would be incredible! My brother and I had several Aquanauts sets but never the Neptune Discovery Lab, that set looks sweet! I think the biggest set we ever received was Fort Legoredo, pretty cool! The 90's were just an amazing decade for LEGO! So many cool, creative and fun sets and themes!

      Delete
    2. I remember Fort Legoredo as well though I don't think we ever had that one. Having the big sets was a big point of pride as kids. There was such great creativity going on at the time, I'd love to have seen how they came up with some of these crazy designs.

      Delete
    3. Fort LEGOREDO was massive! I've been slowly piecing it back together from my LEGO bin when I find the time. So far I have rebuilt 2 of the 4 sides of the fort.

      Another impressively large set my brother and I had was the Classic Space Monorail Transport System. Most of the pieces we had from that set are long gone though, it was one of our first ever LEGO sets. I was only 4 years old when this one came out, but I still remember it.

      I came across a cool documentary a few years back called "AFOL, A Blockumentary" and a fun book called "LEGO, A Love Story". It's been a while, but I think they touch on the LEGO Group's design process, I highly recommend them.

      Delete