Friday, September 20, 2013

Frugal Friday: Odd Playskool toy, Madball copycat and more!

Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo goes all Tarzan
I found this weird Bilbo Tarzan toy for 50 cents. He's Zindar, one of many cavemen from Playskool's 1987 Definitely Dinosaurs toy line. I had no idea Playskool made something like this. Strange, but cool!

Meet "Bubba"

Madball looking water toy. Bubba here squirts water out of the gap in his teeth. $1 for Bubba.

Ha-ha! Have at you!
Foot Clan soldier based on one of the original TMNT movies. He's kinda goofy looking. I really like him and he was only 50 cents!

Mommy?

I found a new friend for Blobby. It's none other than Muck Man from the vintage TMNT line! Now I just need to find some Retromutagen Ooze. How did I not have this ooze as a kid? You pour the ooze into the opening in his head and the ooze flows out his mouth and gut! AWESOME! I need to make a video of that! 

I'm so confused here
Did I do this right? He looks...off.

I seem to find a lot of Transformers toys at the DI and I think I know why. They're cool and all, but MY GOSH, they're worse than Rubik's Cubes! They have like a million moving parts! I can never get them to transform fully. Now, my friend Landon, he's crazy about Transformers. He can also solve a Rubik's Cube in under a minute. Coincidence? Bonecrusher and Mudflap here were just 50 cents a pop. 


Lastly, I finally found a decent mug. Here we have the SR-71 Blackbird, the X-men's personal jet. Pretty cool and just 50 cents.

4 comments:

  1. Some cool and affordable grabs how can you beat it? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you really can't beat 50 cents a piece for all these great toys!

    I'm very excited to own Muck Man. I really want to track down some Retromutagenic Ooze, or I hear you can make your own, so I might do just that.

    I'll probably end up giving the Transformers to my friend. I totally fail at transforming them!

    Thanks for stopping by John, God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged about my Muckman a few years back - He's so cool when he's barfing slime! Check the dollar stores near you, I find they tend to carry slime often. If you want to spend more, you can always find it at Toys R Us in various versions too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out your barfing Muck Man, what a glorious sight! Thank you so much for the tip! I found a treasure trove of glow-in-the-dark BARREL-O-SLIME at my local dollar store! I will slime up my Muck Man and 1 very special guest on October 1st for my October Halloween Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete