Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Tree of Life and The Tree of Death

Every year at the Draper City Park in Utah, a large tree is decked out in thousands of strands of Christmas string lights.  It has been dubbed "Tree of Life".  A few nights ago I was driving around with the family in search of a car wash near by and I noticed that the graveyard/mortuary was all decked out in Christmas lights, so I decided to drive through and check it out.  It is here I discovered what I now lovingly call "The Tree of Death".  It's actually quite beautiful, and they actually give out free hot cocoa and roasted marshmallows at the cemetary.  Plus I am willing to bet there won't be droves of onlookers surrounding The Tree of Death.  Lastly, the Tree of Life is clear down in Draper, where as the crematory is just up the road.  Where would you go?


I also notice that the Tree of Death has a beautiful white glow, whereas the Tree of Life appears to have more yellowish lights.  Now that I think of it, I wonder if I should actually call it "The Tree of The Knowledge of Good & Evil" instead of The Tree of Death.  What do you think?

The Tree of Life as featured on the Utah Adventure Family blog: https://utahsadventurefamily.com/tree-of-life/



2 comments:

  1. Ha - the Tree of Death is too funny. I love that the cemetery was handing out treat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a beautiful picture, I can imagine it superimposed with ghostly images of the cemetery’s residents gathered around it, drawn to the light.

    ReplyDelete