Friday, September 5, 2014

Frugal Friday: The Extreme Fighting Playset

It was bound to happen, I finally caved in and purchased the Extreme Fighting Wrestling Playset from the Dollar Tree. Let's have a look see!



At first sight you may look at this playset and just see a really crappy toy. But keep in mind, you're not always gonna walk into a dollar store and find a The Homer Hot Wheels car every day. Usually you have to look at a dollar toys potential. 


The figures that came with the ring are just terrible. The green guy won't even remain standing for more than a few seconds. You have to see past the crappy little wrestling guy figures, think outside the ring


That hideous Extreme Fighting sticker peeled off extremely easily, reveling a lovely diamond plate metal pattern! Why did they even slap that terrible sticker over it anyway? 


And of course, you don't have to use this terrible figures when you already have an awesome collection of minifigures! MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Trashies, Army Men, LEGO minifigures, you name it! You now have a perfect ring for all your minifigure cross-over smack downs!


Of course, the ring is kind of plain, being only one color and all. It does make those colorful minifigures really pop though! I would like to further customize the ring, but I don't have much customizing experience. Do you have any ideas? Has anyone else spotted this hidden gem at the dollar store?









10 comments:

  1. I had one of these when they had them as wrestling rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great buy at one dollar! Do you still have one?

      Delete
  2. This looks like it would be just the right size for the old soma wrestling figures or the soma ninjas if you want a fancier looking match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never owned any Soma figures, but this ring would be perfect for some!

      Delete
  3. I remember talking to John about using this ring for his MUSCLE figures. Ive been wanting to see how they look in the ring and im digging it!You might be able to print a MUSCLE logo on a harder sheet of paper and stick it somehow to the side of the ring.Maybe some red white and blue ribbon across the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea with the ribbon! I was thinking of painting it, but maybe I could drape a red, white & blue cover over it. Or, if I could find some MUSCLE stickers that would be perfect.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I really like it! I wasn't too sure with that sticker on there, I thought it would be a big ordeal removing the sticker, but it peeled right off like that's what you're supposed to do with it. As soon as I customize it I will post some pics.

      Delete
  5. i have been customizing this ring into remco awa mini mashers wrestling rings- check out ebay sold listings in custom awa remco to see some pics-its cool someone else digs these rings- i thought it was put together pretty well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some pretty sweet looking rings! I would love to have some Remco Wrestlers, they're such cool toys! I used to have one of them old WWF rings, the big blue one, and a bunch of WWF figures from the 90s. Once upon a time my brother and I were way into wrestling.

      Lemme know how your customs turn out! Feel free to post any links to pictures here in the comments.

      Delete