Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Creepmas Day 9: Gary Larson's Tales From The Far Side TV Special


Do you find The Far Side to be a little too dark and disturbing? Do you think Gary Larson goes a little too far sometimes? Then you'll hate this great TV special! Hilariously dark and frightfully funny, enjoy everything about The Far Side in amazing colored animation!




I couldn't find part II anywhere on Youtube. It's a shame too, because there is a great Creepmas scene where a deer battles it out with a group of hunters. It's a total blood bath. 

I'm a CREEP for The 13 Days of CREEPMAS

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love the Far Side comics. I had a ton of the books growing up, and I would spend hours at at time looking at them. I might not have gotten all the jokes at that point, but I still found them hilarious.

    I don't know how they could have made it work, but it's a shame an animated Far Side series wasn't a thing. The same goes for Calvin and Hobbes. That would have made a great show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's too bad it didn't catch on. It was like Dillbert, people just seem to like it more in print vs animated I guess.

      An animated Calvin and Hobbes would have been sweet! I don't think it had much of a chance ever being animated though, because the creator Bill Watterson was very protective of Calvin & Hobbes. He didn't want it commercialized at all. By the way, if you have Netflix you've gotta watch Dear Mr. Watterson - A Calvin & Hobbes Documentary, it's fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I echo everything Chris ^^ says! If crap like Spongebob & CatDog can make it big, the Far Side would be epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I think it was a bit ahead of its time. It's amazing how much darker things seem when they're animated. I even cringed at times from the sheer morbidity and dark nature of this series.When it's a single panel joke it doesn't seem as dark. Add motion and blood curdling screams and it brings the dark humor to a whole new level!

      Delete
  3. They push ruddolph a little too much and he finaly snapped

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rudolphs weapon a Remington 30-06

    ReplyDelete