Sunday, December 28, 2014

The 2014 Christmas Aftermath

Christmas 2014 was great, I really enjoyed watching Ava open her presents and I also came away with a few geeky sundries. Here are the highlights; enjoy and Happy New Year!

After almost nothing but rain we finally received a huge dumping of snow on Christmas Day!

Ava really got into Christmas this year. Her presents had an overall kitchen theme.




Santa told me he found this vintage 90's Disney's Snow White lunchbox with thermos at the DI for $1.50. The Jolly Guy can find some deals!


Santa find this little gem, Clue Little Detective, at the DI for just $2. Complete and in like new shape.




My wife got me a book that I've had my eye on for several years now, The Cult of LEGO! Maybe now I will finally join ULUG (The Utah LEGO User Group). Thank you Laura!


My siblings and I drew names for presents this year and Annie, the baby of the family, drew my name. She did not disappoint with her awesome gifts!


Annie gave me this awesome Hot Wheels logo T-shirt, along with a great Mario T-shirt!


Of course she also gave me some great little toys, these two Dino youngster you see above, as well as a beaver and a big old lizard. 

Lastly, my little sis gifted me a $10 iTunes gift card, which I used to purchase the animated mini-series Over The Garden Wall. It's AMAZING! I have watched 3 times already and I can't get enough of it!




Weeks before Christmas we went to the Festival of Trees and spotted an awesome Napoleon Dynamite Christmas tree. 


After Christmas steals:

This magnificent "white pine" cost me FIVE BUCKS!!! This tree may be my greatest bargain hunt EVER! A couple years ago I marveled at the beauty of Laura Hughes tree of Boo Bobby. Ever since then I have wanted a white pine of my own and now I finally have one! There will be a Valentine's Day tree this year for sure!


31 cents ain't bad for these fun vintage style Santa ornaments, found on eBay.




Next month is January, time to make resolutions! I will be going bat poop crazy with organizational and financial goals, culling down the old toy collection and making it look like a crazy awesome toy museum or something. Hopefully I will be able to find some new homes for my access goodies and make some sweet moolah in the process. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas you had Mason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! The best part was watching Ava tear into her presents from Santa. :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you all had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! I hope you and your misses had a good one. :)

      Delete