Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sunday Reflections: How Do You Measure Success?


I have a dead end job and obviously it doesn't pay very well, and because of this I feel like I am very unsuccessful. I have a BS degree and I have been searching for a better job, but still nothing has turned up. I have a wonderful wife and the cutest little daughter. My job does suck, but it pays the bills, we're renting a nice house, and the rent is reasonable. Sometimes I just wish I could have a fancy pants job and make $100,000+ a year or something. This may be a fictional example, but Scrooge McDuck is swimming in cash and he gets to go on all sorts of awesome adventures. If I had gobs of money I'd go on some grand adventures with my family. I'd also be able to better help those in need.




Recently I have become more active with my blogging and I have met so many wonderful people within the blogging community, and that has made me very happy. Now I understand why my wife has been so into blogging all these years. She tells me I have caught "the blogging bug". Thank you so much to everyone that has followed, commented and read my little blog! It really means a lot to me! Every time I read a comment it's like getting a little note in the mail from a good friend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So, is money really an adequate way to measure success? How do you measure success? I often feel like a failure because I don't make more money. Does anyone else ever feel the same way? How do you overcome that feeling?

Let your voice be heard in the comments below and have a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Happiness is all about your perspective, as is success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is true. I try to keep an eternal perspective on things and it really helps me focus on the more important things, like family.

      Thanks for that Eric!

      Delete
  2. Money can make you happy and it is true but you know what can make you happier? Friends and family. You need these things and while you can use money to buy the things you want and do the things you want to do if there is no one there to truely enjoy them with you what is the sense of it? The picture you paint about the wife, baby and house is something that some folks will never ever have so you are blessed and the way i see it your already on a great adventure with them and we get to peek in on you thanks to your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true John! All the stuff in the world would never bring me happiness without the ones I love. I'm glad I can share my little life adventures here with you and all the wonderful people in this friendly little community! I am so blessed and I thank my God for it!

      Thank you so much for sharing your insight John!

      Delete