Thursday, October 24, 2013

This Game Will Give You Goosebumps!


I've come across some great games for cheap recently, and Goosebumps Shrieks and Spiders Game is definitely in my top 13.

I found this sweet game at the DI for $1.50. My favorite pieces are these Goosebumps "chips". I'm not falling for it though, these are Pogs! It's too bad, because the game is %99.9 complete because it's missing one "chip". Dang it! Oh well, 15 out of 16 ain't bad!




Up to 4 players can play. You try not to lose any "chips" to win.

Nice n' colorful cards

The Dummy, Mummy, Curly the Skeleton, Mud Monster, and Hamster cards

I consider Slappy to be the quintessential Goosebumps villain.

Of all the Goosebumps monsters, I think Slappy the Dummy takes the cake. Night of The Living Dummy I,II, and III were awesome. The Monster Blood series wasn't nearly as scary, but I really liked the story as a kid.

Here's how to play:





Some kid did his math homework on here!



So yes, the rules are a bit infantile, but it still looks looks like a lot of fun! Totally worth the buck fifty just for the Pogs alone!

8 comments:

  1. So, when are we all gonna get together and play..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween night! LOL! Seriously though, I would love to play this game with everyone. Everyone is invited to our place in Salt Lake City Halloween night!

      Delete
  2. What a great find! The player cards are my favorite thing about it. The art is wicked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards are way nice! I wish there was a little more variety in the characters, but they're still rad. I don't know if you noticed, but Slappy even has a "G" logo on the bottom of his galoshes. I like the "chips" most of all since they sport cover art from the books.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I was happy to find it and in such great shape too. The older folks at the DI just pass over this kinda stuff and leave it for me to snatch up. :)

      Delete
  4. The Night of the Living Dummy books were so good! I used to have all three, but I think I only have one or two. This game is awesome! I didn't even know they had made this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, my old Goosebumps collection is burried somewhere deep within my parent's garage.

      I was pretty surprised to see this game because I too had no idea of its existence! I'm hoping to be able to sit down and play it with some friends soon, it looks so dang fun and Halloween is almost here!

      Delete